August 2008 - Eye Healed

“By Jesus’ stripes we are healed”* was one of Fr. Thomas’favorite Scriptures. He taught us that the Lord is still in the healing business and that we should pray for people to be healed, which we do. Over the years we have seen the Lord work many marvels, and it is wonderful to be a witness of what God can do. Last month the Lord blessed me with a physical healing of my own.

Due to a variety of factors, I had been under a lot of stress the past few months and it was affecting my eyes. They were often bloodshot and the right eye especially was strained and sore. I knew I needed to slow down and get some rest, which I tried to do, and there was some improvement. But my right eye continued to bother me.

I was in the process of getting an appointment with the eye doctor so I could get my eyes checked. In the meantime I prayed, “Lord Jesus, You can do anything. Nothing is impossible for you. Please heal my eyes.” I went to Mass that morning and after Communion, an image came to my mind of the muscles surrounding the eye. They looked very strained and tight. Then I felt a warm, tingly feeling start to flow over my right eye and spread to the area around it. This sensation lasted for several minutes. I felt a strong sense of the Lord’s love, and I thanked Him for whatever He was doing.

Throughout that day whenever I felt the ache or soreness in my eye, I stopped and prayed and the same feeling of warmth would flood over my eye and right side of my face. That day was a busy one, and it wasn’t until late in the evening when I had time to sit and reflect on what had happened. When I did, I realized that my eye was not hurting at all anymore! I knew the Lord had healed me.

Since that day my eyes have been great. No more pain at all – not even a twinge! I thank God for His mercy and love, and the gift of this healing that He gave me.

* see Isaiah 53:5 and 1 Peter 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment